Language Translation Funding
Grant Release: November 1, 2023
Application Deadline: Nov 30, 2023
Award Announcement: December 29, 2023
Award Amount: Minimum $2,500, Maximum $5,000
Questions Due: Nov. 14, 2023
Answers Posted: Nov. 21, 2023
The New York State Council on Developmental Disabilities (CDD) is seeking grant applications that support the translation of existing documents or materials related to the CDD approved State Plan into other languages.
The specific objective of the funding is solely to assist organizations with translating documents and materials intended to inform, benefit, or serve as resources to individuals with developmental disabilities (DD) their families and caregivers, thereby increasing their access to key information, resources, and materials which will increase their ability to affect public policy. This funding support is intended to strengthen the partnership between individuals with DD and their families and the state and federal service delivery systems.
Alignment with CDD’s Mission & Values:
The document or materials must align with the CDD’s mission to promote people with DD living independently, participating fully in the community, and being able to advocate for themselves. Any document or material that does not promote the CDD’s mission or values will not be considered for funding.
Funds can support the following activities:
- Language translation costs.
- Staff time used to make sure documents or materials are in plain language before sending for translation.
- Staff time used to coordinate translation services or disseminate translated materials.
- Printing or mailing costs associated with disseminating translated materials.
- Other activities associated with translation that will make the document or materials more accessible to people with DD and their families.
Funds cannot support the following: This grant cannot support the translation of documents that an organization is required to translate by law (for example: NYS Language Access Law, https://ogs.ny.gov/new-york-state-language-access-law).
- Nonprofit organizations (note: the lead applicant cannot be a for-profit organization; however, for-profit organizations may serve as subcontractors to the lead applicant)
- Public or private institutions, such as universities, colleges, or hospitals
- Disability-service organizations
- Community-based organizations
- Tribal organizations
- Consortia, groups, or partnerships among organizations
Please note: We do not accept applications directly from individuals, only eligible nonprofit organizations can apply for this opportunity.
All applicants must be a registered Vendor in the NYS Statewide Financial System (SFS).
All applications must be submitted by the Application Deadline through SurveyMonkey Apply. Below is the link to apply:
Designated Agency Contact: If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact the CDD’s Designated Agency Contact for this funding announcement.
Diversity & Inclusion Program Specialist
Email: [email protected]
Please note: The NYS Council on Developmental Disabilities (CDD) was previously known as the Developmental Disabilities Planning Council (DDPC). The name change was made official on Oct. 17, 2023, for more information visit:
Links to Applicant Guidance Documents
Allowable/Non-Allowable Expenses: This document outlines allowable and non-allowable CDD expenses and should be used to inform your application budget. Please do not include non-allowable expenses in your application budget.
Fiscal Fundamentals: Match Dollars: This document provides guidance on what expenses can count as Match and should be used to inform your application budget.
For more information, please read Full Grant Description
(Pdf document at bottom of this posting)